Tuesday 17 December 2013

Christmas Countdown.....3 days to go

For any of you looking for some last minute decorations I spent this afternoon making some salt dough decorations and it was a blast. Fun for kids too :) 

2 Cups flour
1 Cup table salt
1 Cup hot (not boiling) water

1. Mix all together and kneed for 5 mins

2. Roll out to the thickness you want (I found about 1cm was best for me) 

3. Use cookie cutters to create whatever shapes you want for your tree. I used a bell and then had a friend who is good at art to turn it into a Dalek for my Doctor Who theme this year but tree's, star's and Angels are all great options and usually in most cookie cutter kits for those wanting more traditional less geeky theme :) 

NOTE: I found using a straw to poke the hole in it before cooking to use to hang them up was great. Just keep cutting the ends of the straw as you go. 

4. Bake in a 120 degree C oven for 2 hours or until they are all dry

5. Paint how ever you want and use varnish for long lasting decorations

I would post pictures but mine are still drying at a friends place so later..... 

Have fun make sure you have some great Christmas music or movies on in the background. Personally I love Miracle on 34th Street and Love Actually for my  Christmas viewing and when I have time any and all corny Christmas movies I can get my hands on :) 

Sim.



No comments:

Post a Comment